If you have claimed this cause, and have confirmed your identity, you can sign in now with your user name and password and start managing your donations and volunteering.
Art City is a not-for-profit community art centre dedicated to providing people of all ages (with a focus on underserved children & youth) with high-quality art programming, free-of-charge. Art City’s primary goal is to provide the opportunity and a safe environment for anyone who wishes to express themselves creatively.
About This Cause
Art City is a community arts centre that offers high quality, free-of-charge art programming to those who need or wish to express themselves creatively.
Our mission is to create a positive and expanding cultural impact on the unique needs of the community by:
• Fostering self-expression in participants, encouraging a sense of ownership, self-respect, and pride in their work and community.
• Being a part of the neighbourhood, a place that is safe, comfortable, and supportive.
• Being accessible by offering free-of-charge, quality programming with local, national,
and international professional artists.
• Being sustainable and available to the community day after day, year after year.
• Being a model for future community art centres.
Nearly two decades ago, Wanda Koop, an internationally renowned artist, saw a need for accessible arts programming in Winnipeg’s West Broadway neighbourhood. In 1998, she founded Art City, one of the first organizations of its kind in Canada. The idea: that quality art experiences should be accessible to all.
In 2006, Wanda Koop was made a Member of the Order of Canada in honour of her extraordinary contribution to Canadian art, and her dedication to community development through the arts.
“We are not necessarily making artists, we are giving people the opportunity to think creatively, and my feeling is that if you can think creatively, you can survive almost anything”
- Wanda Koop, Founder