Provide comprehensive education, health care, skill training, empowerment support for holistic support of less-privileged children to become responsible adults and leaders of tomorrow.
About This Cause
Aarohan is a non-governmental organization registered in 2005 under the Society Registration Act, 1860 of India. The Head Office -located in Malviya Nagar, South Delhi- serves as epicentre of its programs and activities.
AAROHAN began its journey mainly addressing to the educational needs of less-privileged children of the society. Women, transgender and other community members living in difficult circumstances are part of like poverty elevation and skill development programs. It also address and advocates for the needs of rural/tribal and transgender community. The support extended to these children is holistic in nature from early childhood to livelihood. This in turn empowers the child physically and mentally to pursue greater heights in his/her life. Aarohan acts as a parent and extends holistic support to their needs.
Through this support Aarohan has been able to transform the lives as great success
Vision - Empower children, women and other community members through the exercise of their Rights- education, health, nutrition and livelihood with dignity”
Mission - Provide comprehensive and holistic support through Education, health care, skill training and required programmes for the upliftment of marginalised society.
Aarohan Shares the same blueprint as Sustainable Development by the United Nations for peace and prosperity for people. As a developing nation, to be future ready, India must look into 17 sustainable development goals. Aarohan supports these goals by working towards better health and education, reduce inequality, and spur economic growth of people. Aarohan’s approach is different in a sense that it takes upon the parental responsibilities and covering sustainable goals mentioned below
Following the say of Swami Vivekananda
Philosophy - “If a child cannot reach to the school, the school must reach the child!”
• Providing holistic support in education from early childhood to livelihood
• Reassimilation and Enrolments in the mainstream school to the children who are drop outs under bridge course
• After school academic support to cope with classroom studies and complete the schooling successfully
• Facilitating higher education opportunities by associating sponsors with children who have goals and determination to achieve it
• Computer training, Digital Literacy, Personality Development, Financial Literacy, Retail Management and Garment making training is provided to youth and women for skill development
• After successful training job opportunities are facilitated
• Awareness programs on health, environment, nutrition..... are part of the programs
Gender Equality (SDG5)
• Working with 900 Transgender community growth
• Taking initiatives for human rights and its awareness
• Empowering mothers/ women through imparting functional literacy, gender sensitisation, skill training to make them economically independent.
• Aarohan ensures at least one square meal to the children to fulfil their nutritional need.
• Approx. 350 children are provided with food five days a week where there is a need of 1000 to feed.
Good health and wellbeing (SDG3)
• Taking care of nutrition of woman during pregnancy which makes the child healthy and prosperous
• Providing medical facilities and regular health check-ups, vaccination, immunization to children, woman and transgender communities are part of the program.
Clean water and sanitation (SDG6)
• Offering clean drinking water facilities to government hospitals and schools by installation of RO-Plant with the support of FLOUR DANIEL INDIA PVT LTD.
Peace justice and strong institutions
• Aarohan functions for Peace with the youth to spread the message about the importance of Peace aligned with International cities of Peace and The Master Peace.
• Sensitization of community on Peace and Harmony, child rights and education; gender issues; health, hygiene and sanitation.
Collaborations and Partnerships for the goals
• Soliciting Collaborations with the other organisations for a better deliverables
• partnership with corporate and donor institutions for collaborative interventions
• Partnered with College du Leman (CDL), Geneva, Switzerland / Deloitte, India
• Partnered with Bank of America, Gurgaon, India / Global Fund for Children, USA
• Partnered with Hyatt Global Community Project Fund, USA / Smile Foundation, India
• Partnered with Vikas Yojana, Govt. of India] / CONCOR [Govt. of India] / General Electricals India
• Partnered with Delhi Aids Control Society, Govt. of Delhi
• Bringing children from street to school – providing education to children starting from their formative years and mainstreaming to formal schooling, bridge education to school dropouts and enabling them to complete school education, after school academic support to school-going children allowing them to cope up with academic standards and complete schooling.
• Skill training to adolescent children having completed schooling and facilitating gainful employment- bringing an improvement in the quality of life of the family and ensuring the education of their younger siblings.
• Empowering mothers through awareness building, functional literacy, skill training for income-generation – bringing an improvement in the quality of life of the family and ensuring the continuation of their children’s education.
A few milestones
• Aarohan awarded as one of the 51 as Most Impactful and Social Innovators World CSR Day on 18th February 2019.
• Aarohan functions as a global Citizen with a high level of commitment rooted in local traditions and ethnicity.
• Recognition by ARNEC in their Journal (A conference held in Nepal in March 2018 by UNICEF, UNESCO and ARNEC) in their journal for Aarohan’s initiatives in early childhood, care and education and holistic support from childhood to livelihood.
• Awarded with “Beti Bachao Beti Padhao” for active participation in good governance
• Aarohan’s work was covered with bibliography in Public Police Reforms on Development – challenges before emerging Economies – acknowledged by Jamia Millia Islamia (one of the leading Central Universities in India).
• Brought under Education network 7000 children (approximately 62% girls) till date
• Four students of Aarohan qualified at entrance examination for admission (2013-14) into Engineering Colleges including All India Joint Entrance Examination for admission into Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)
• Digital literacy to 1300 youth with 70% placement of students, Skill training to 1100 youth and women
• Successful career counselling to more than 12000 students of Govt. School.
• Awarded with Star plus Nayi Soch Award; for its innovative approach in education (After Academic school support)
• YMCA best NGO Award - Aarohan was awarded the best NGO award for its work towards upliftment of the weaker sections of the society
• Coverage on CNC World TV on the eve of World Literacy Day – CNC NEWS- Literacy for India's poor; the link: http://en.cncnews.cn/news/v_show/59584_Literacy_for_India_s_poor.shtml
To Know More
Website : www.aarohanngo.org
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/AarohanSociety/
Twitter : www.twitter.com/aarohan_ngo
LinkedIn : https://goo.gl/iWDxp1
YouTube: https://goo.gl/Xv1WkH - Welcome to Aarohan
MIG video on Aarohan : https://goo.gl/A2sWyl - Humari Bhawna
CNC video on Aarohan : https://goo.gl/bCmwNe
Short film: https://youtu.be/mMjH3Q9Z_fI - Ek Mutthi Aasman – A small piece of joy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6cVimWTkxg – A Step from Slum to school
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB1lh8b1pIg&feature=share-- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao