King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, 19406 United States
This cause has already been claimed:
If you have claimed this cause, and have confirmed your identity, you can sign in now with your user name and password and start managing your donations and volunteering.
The Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group is a volunteer 501(c) nonprofit that provides workforce development through education, resources, support services, and networking connections to individuals, including veterans. We serve the unemployed, the underemployed, the self-employed, and the employed, as well as the organizations (businesses and nonprofits) that employ them.
About This Cause
Our “Why” - Everyone deserves an opportunity to earn an income.
Our Value Proposition Statement
We empower an inclusive and diverse multigenerational workforce to optimize the evolving workplace and gig economy through awareness and preparation.
We serve the area workforce and create alliances with businesses and nonprofits to empower everyone who wants to earn an income, including:
- workers in transition
- first-time job seekers
- career professionals
- the underrepresented
- the disadvantaged
- others who are less resourced
as they seek employment, advancement, reinvention, or changes in their career.
We do this using:
- proven education and support methods
- tapping into the best resources available to us
- taking advantage of new technologies and methods as they emerge
- and continual measurement of our successes and reviews of our ‘lessons learned.’
Our Values – Fundamental and Aspirational
- Our core services are free to all.
- We embrace the diversity of the workforce.
- We acknowledge and respond to the individuality of each person and the unique needs of each organization we serve.
- We seek to serve all appropriate geographic areas within the metropolitan area.
- We provide support to individuals seeking help with career transition (jobseekers, the underemployed, and entrepreneurs) and career management (self-employed and employed).
- We strive to provide free and affordable resources, professional services, and tools for improving employment marketability and opportunities.
We do this in the entire Greater Philadelphia / Wilmington area through:
- Every-day-of-the-week Career Success Meetings
- Career Education
- Expert Speakers
- Social Events
- Directed Networking
- Expanding daily meetings to additional locales in the Philadelphia Metro area
- We seek to add value rather than compete, seeking gaps and opportunities, not duplicating others efforts.
- We do this without regard to individual’s financial resources using free resources and volunteers wherever possible.
- Recognizing that the organization requires funding and not all services can be free;
- PAGCG will offer enhanced services for a membership fee
- PAGCG will partner with experienced qualified subject matter experts for some paid workshops with revenue sharing
- PAGCG will offer boot camps, including group-focused or
- PAGCG will offer webinars and/or workshops (live) and record them for later use
- PAGCG will offer instruction and make it available on an LMS
- PAGCG will offer advertising/sponsorships
- PAGCG will seek grants and corporate funding
- Accounting and information systems will be upgraded and enhanced to provide required financial and service level measurements
- Acknowledging that PAGCG must control communication with and access to its members to advance its goals and measure effectiveness:
- Membership will be moved to a CRM platform (Salesforce) in PAGCGs control
- Profiles and basic demographic information will be gathered for measurement and future reporting
- Meeting attendance, workshop enrollment, membership, and donations will all be tracked from within the CRM.