Using scientific research and community outreach programs to determine the actual caveats & benefits from participation in music & role-playing game activities, over time we will:
* Eliminate the myths & stigma associated with these activities.
* Through these inclusive and accessible programs help the widest range of populations possible achieve a remarkably improved quality of life around the world
* Raise the experience of the human condition globally through the sharing of knowledge on a free platform accessible to all, while encouraging others to share their findings on this platform.
* Provide free training to those willing to take the time as volunteers to develop the skills necessary to achieve these goals.
* To provide services that achieve all of the above.
1) To clearly establish, through rigorous scientific testing, the effects on participants of music and all role-playing game (RPG) formats: tabletop (TRPG), live-action (LRPG), electronic (ERPG), and all hybrid variants (HRPG). In addition to determining the potential relevance of correlated factors, wherever possible, significant emphasis is placed on contributing to the body of causal research information.
2) Based on any available established research, from a variety of disciplines, using relevant evidence-based and theory-based approaches, RPG Research will assess, design, develop, implement & evaluate programs using music and/or various role-playing game formats as intervention modalities for participants to achieve their recreational, educational, professional, and/or therapeutic goals.
3) Based on funding, staffing, and resource availability, RPG Research will provide these services to individuals, population groups, and communities where research indicates they may benefit the most from our programs, and advocate for accessibility and inclusiveness for the widest range of populations possible, including those in under-served and un-served areas.
4) Whenever legally and ethically possible, all such research information will be freely and openly shared with the public to help further advance the global body of knowledge and overall improve the experience of the human condition.
About This Cause
Non-profit 501(c)3 charitable research and human services organization whose volunteers have been running Role-Playing Game (RPG) community programs since 1977
Through partnerships with other organizations and people, our highly trained volunteers provide cooperative social community role-playing games at community centers, libraries, schools, parks, etc.
We exist thanks to the generous support of donors and volunteers like you.
We are helping improve the quality of life for diverse populations, by providing
collaborative social cooperative rol-playing game community programs.
RPG Research regularly works in partnership with communities and organization service diverse needs including but not limited to:
* Muscular Dystrophy Association
* Eastern Washington University
* Northeast Youth Center
* Spark Central Community Center
* Campfire USA
* Saint Luke's Rehabilitation
* Spokane School District
* Various Parks and Recreation departments
* Various city and county libraries
* and many others.
We still have our headquarters at 1312 North Monroe Street, Suite 114, Spokane, WA, 99201, but in mid-2022 we are opening our own dedicated Role-Playing Game Community Center at 101 North Stone Street, Spokane, Washington 99202, USA. As soon as possible, when it is ready, we will move our headquarters to the new community center.
We will continue our other existing community programs, while expanding to provide a regular location for the community to help and participate in our RPG programs at the RPG Community Center.
We run multiple role-playing game community programs every month at multiple locations through partnerships with existing organizations like Spark Central, Spokane School District, and others.
Our volunteer facilitator game masters (GM) undergo rigorous ongoing training and regular background checks based on the latest established research and evidence-in-practice information on the most effective and safe delivery of role-playing games for maximal enjoyment.
Our founders have been involved with providing role-playing games in community settings since 1977.