If you have claimed this cause, and have confirmed your identity, you can sign in now with your user name and password and start managing your donations and volunteering.
West Seattle Food Bank is committed to providing food security to a strong and connected community in which all people have access to safe and nutritious food and the essential necessities of living.
About This Cause
West Seattle Food Bank distributes needed safe, healthy and nutritious food to our West Seattle neighbors in need four (4) times per week.
In 2018 West Seattle Food Bank:
* Distributed just under 1.8 million pounds of needed food
* Families received service from WSFB over 59,888 times
* Over 4400 children and over 1300 seniors turned to the WSFB for needed assistance.
* Our Mobile Food Bank sets up an off-site distribution weekly in the lobbies of four locations for homebound elderly, disabled or those individuals who are unable to make it to the food bank
* Each week groceries are delivered to homebound elderly and disabled members of our community through our Home Delivery Program
* Our Backpack Program with 13 local schools provides over 350 backpacks of healthy & kid-friendly food to students at risk of hunger over the weekend
* Our Baby and Child Corner distributed $225,000 worth of diapers, formula, baby food, car seats, strollers, furniture, toys, clothing and other needed accessories to parents of infant & toddlers
* Community Connections helped 340 individuals access additional resources and services from dozens of partner organizations.
* Our Bookcase program, which recycles used and new books to adults, teens and children distributed over 11,786 books
* Our Pet Pantry provided over 15,000 pounds of pet food to help clients take care of their furry friends
* Over 570 volunteers donated approximately 29,250 hours of service