Du är här
YET ANOTHER SOCIETY
" The Yet Another Society (also known as The Perl Foundation) is a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing the free and open-source programming language known as "Perl." "
Beskrivning av välgörenhet
The Yet Another Society advances the free and open source programming language, Perl, through several methods:
1. By providing grants to developers that seek to improve the Perl language and it's libraries.
2. By providing organization and infrastructure to host conferences around the world, including the Yet Another Perl Conference (YAPC) in North America.
3. Through educational efforts like the GNOME Outreach Program for Women, Google Summer of Code, and Perl training workshops.
4. By maintaining trademarks on Perl itself, and providing a legal defense against that attempt to claim ownership over the free language.
5. And, through general promotion and marketing of the language.